– State Rep. Tarah Toohil (R-Luzerne) today announced the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Mobile Veterans Center (MVC), which provides free outreach and counseling services to veterans and their families, is scheduled to visit Hazleton on Tuesday, Sept. 11.
The MVC will be located in the parking lot of Laurel Mall, 106 Laurel Mall Road
in Hazle Township from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weather permitting. It will remain in place until all veterans in attendance are served.
Trained personnel will be on hand to provide a variety of services including individual, marital, family and bereavement counseling; medical referrals; assistance in applying for VA benefits; employment guidance and referrals; alcohol and drug assessments and referrals; and information and referrals to community resources.
Veterans in need of counseling should call Joe May at (570) 344-2676 to schedule an appointment.
The 38-foot Mobile Veterans Center, which resembles a supersized recreational vehicle, features the following:
- Two private counseling rooms.
- Satellite communication and Internet service with VA Medical Centers.
- Video conferencing and tele-health capabilities.
- Three flat-screen televisions for training and educational videos.
- Wheelchair lift and handicapped accessibility.
The U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs sponsors the MVC program to reach veterans in underserved areas. There are 50 MVCs that provide services across the country, including several that are located in Pennsylvania.
The MVC visit schedule is subject to change.
Representative Tarah Toohil
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Contact: Rep. Toohil’s Office